Friday, August 08, 2008

The Dears Sign To Dangerbird

Just saw over at Rock Insider that Montreal's The Dears have signed with LA's Dangerbird Records, and will be releasing their third LP, entitled Missiles, on October 21.

The Dears' last album, Gang of Losers, was my second favorite album of 2006. (And, honestly, if I were doing that list now, it might be #1.) So it goes without saying that I'm really, really looking forward to hearing the new album.

A song called "Meltdown In A Major" is currently streaming at the band's site, and I assume it's on the new album. Unsurprisingly, it's pretty great, though it's quite a bit softer and dreamier than anything on the last album.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dears' debut Hollywood Bedtime Story is nothing special and offered no clue to the follow-up, No Cities Left, which is in my opinion even more moving and mahnificent than Gang Of Losers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home