Saturday, December 16, 2006

Top Albums of 2006

Rather than put this off any longer, I figured I'd go ahead and post my Top Albums of 2006 list. I've been meaning to do it up nice and pretty like, but I just don't have the time. Besides, I've talked about most of these albums numerous times already, as have all the other music blogs around the net.

So, without further ado, so I don't tinker with it anymore, here is the list:

#25: Pink Nasty, Mold the Gold
#24: Midlake, The Trials of Van Occupanther
#23: The 101, Numbers
#22: Asobi Seksu, Citrus
#21: Mystery Jets, Making Dens
#20: The Whigs, Give 'Em All A Big Fat Lip
#19: Eric Bachmann, To The Races
#18: The Keene Brothers, Blues and Boogie Shoes
#17: The Hiders, Valentine
#16: Golden Smog, Another Fine Day
#15: Built to Spill, You In Reverse
#14: La Rocca, The Truth
#13: Dirty Pretty Things, Waterloo to Anywhere
#12: The Frames, The Cost
#11: Forget Cassettes, Salt
#10: Shearwater, Palo Santo
#9: The Thermals, The Body, The Blood, The Machine
#8: Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova, The Swell Season
#7: The Twilight Singers, Powder Burns
#6: Jon Auer, Songs From The Year of Our Demise
#5: Birdmonster, No Midnight
#4: Silversun Pickups, Carnavas
#3: Margot & the Nuclear So and Sos, The Dust of Retreat
#2: The Dears, Gang of Losers
#1: The Hold Steady, Boys and Girls in America

Hooray, that's the list hooray.

Oh, and yeah, I know #3 technically came out in 2005, but I didn't buy it until it was rereleased this year, so it counts for me.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Good list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home