Saturday, July 05, 2008

Monotonix Opening For Silver Jews

Just noticed over at the Silver Jews' website that Monotonix are set to open for SJ for a couple of weeks this Fall, including at the September 10th show at the Black Cat.

This will be the 4th time that Monotonix has been through DC this year. There was the Red and the Black show that I was at; the F Yeah Tour at Black Cat a couple of weeks ago; they're playing with Valient Thorr and Early Man at the Black Cat on July 27th; and the Silver Jews show.

That's a lot of shows for a relatively obscure Israeli garage rock band to be playing in a medium-sized music town. Guess the Dollar must be pretty weak against the Shekel these days.

I won't complain. They're nothing if not entertaining.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you relaize that these are the lunatics we saw at the Vice party at SxSW? The band that set up on the lawn and the singer dumped a trash can on the drummer while they played? Yup, those guys.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Yeah, I know. I saw them again here in DC a couple of months ago. What can I say? They amuse me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home