Monday, June 23, 2008

New Earlimart, "Song For"

As you may or may not recall, Earlimart's excellent Mentor Tormentor was my 4th favorite album of 2007.

Amazingly, in an extremely fast turnaround (for them, at least), the band is back with a new album called Hymn and Her. The album comes out next Tuesday, July 1st, and you can pre-order it here for $11.98.

I just got a copy today, and it's fantastic. It'll take some time for me to decide whether it lives up to (or exceeds) Mentor Tormentor, but that's time I'm more than happy to spend.

Here's the lead track from the album:

Earlimart, "Song For"

The band heads out on a month-long tour in a few weeks. No DC date, unfortunately, but I may actually drive up to Baltimore for this one. I posted the dates a couple of weeks back, but I'll list them again.

Earlimart Tour Dates
Thu., 7/17: San Diego, CA Casbah
Fri., 7/18: Los Angeles, CA Spaceland
Sat., 7/19: San Francisco, CA Cafe Du Nord
Sun., 7/20: Portland, OR Doug Fir Lounge
Tue., 7/22: Seattle, WA Chop Suey
Fri., 7/25: Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock Social Club
Sat., 7/26: Chicago, IL The Hideout
Wed., 7/30: Cambridge, MA Middle East
Thu., 7/31: Brooklyn, NY Masonic Temple
Fri., 8/1: Philadelphia, PA Johnny Brenda's
Sat., 8/2: Baltimore, MD Ottobar
Tue., 8/5: Austin, TX The Mohawk
Sat., 8/9: Costa Mesa, CA Detroit Bar

3 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jumbo Slice said...

Love the Earlimart. Can't wait to see them here in Austin. Won't be as good as seeing them play at Iota though.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger JetAgeEric said...

Earlimart might be in DC on 10/11. Don't quote me on that. -E

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Steve said...

ah, that's right, I heard they were opening for WP. Cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home