Thursday, January 17, 2008

Meet The Russians

So I mentioned last week that The Figgs had added Scott Janovitz as the fourth member of the band for the recording of their next album. I also mentioned that Scott had previously been a member of Graham Parker's touring band (along with Mike Gent).

What I didn't mention, however -- because I didn't realize it at the time -- was that Scott is the brother of Buffalo Tom's Bill Janovitz. And Scott has his own band called The Russians, who recently self-released a fantastic 4-song EP. You can stream the entirety of the EP at The Russians' website. I highly recommend that you do so. And while you're at it, spend some time on the band's MySpace page as well. You'll be glad you did.

So now I'm kinda torn. As much as I want a new Figgs album (and tour), I also want to hear more from The Russians. I guess there are worse problems to have...

Edited to add: Here's a direct link to a song from the EP:

The Russians, "Your Only One"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home