Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dirty On Purpose Videos

In my opinion, one of the most underrated bands going these days is Brooklyn's Dirty On Purpose. I still listen to their 2006 LP, Hallelujah Sirens, on a regular basis, and if I could re-do my 2006 album list, it would almost certainly be in my top 10 (and The Hold Steady would drop to about #8 or so).

The band just released an excellent EP this week called Like Bees, which should hold us over until the band finishes up its 3rd album (reportedly later this year). Like Bees is available for $5.89 over at LaLa.com, or you can download it over at eMusic.

They've also released a video for the EP's first track, "Audience in the Room". Check it out, as well as a couple other of my favorite tracks from the band, below.

"Audience in the Room"


"Light Pollution"


"No Radio"

2 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Jumbo Slice said...

I agree. DOP deserves more recognition. We went to see them at the backstage a while back but their van broke down. We were forced to see Cedars instead. Brutal. Hopefully, DOP will be back in DC soon.

Also, I love the "No Radio" video.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Steve said...

My favorite thing about the "No Radio" video is that at one point one of the dude's is rockin' a Steinberger (bass? guitar? not sure). I haven't seen anyone play a Steinberger since the immortal Vito Bratta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home