Monday, October 22, 2007

More Southeast Engine

I briefly mentioned Southeast Engine a couple of weeks ago when I saw them during the DAM! Festival here in D.C. I was impressed by the young band's performance, and promised myself that I'd pick up their new album when it showed up on eMusic (yeah, I've gotten cheap in my unemployment).

Anyway, I discovered yesterday that the album, entitled A Wheel Within a Wheel [BUY], is up on eMusic, so I downloaded it. And it's pretty great. This may be my favorite song on the album:

"We Have You Surrounded"

At times the band reminds me of Moviola, Two Gallants and early-70's Americana-influenced Grateful Dead (well, the latter comes out more from their live show, which pushes up against, but doesn't quite push through, the jam-band barrier). I definitely recommend checking them out.

You can stream a bunch of other songs from the band at its website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home