Thursday, September 20, 2007

Division Day @ DC9 on October 23rd

Just saw that Division Day is scheduled to play DC9 on October 23rd. Tickets are available at the door only and cost $8. Assuming I can get there in time from seeing Spoon's early show at the 9:30 Club that night, I'll be there.

While I haven't gotten into Division Day as much as some other bloggers, they're definitely an interesting young band that I've been keeping an eye on since I saw them at last year's CMJ. Plus, anybody who can convincingly cover Sunny Day Real Estate is cool in my book.

The band is touring in support of its "new" album, Beartrap Island, which is due out on October 2nd via Eenie Meenie Records. I say "new" because this is technically a re-release of the album the band (self?) released earlier this year. From what I can tell, the new version has two additional songs plus new artwork. You can hear a few tracks from the album at the band's MySpace page.

Edited to add: In addition to SDRE, the band also recently recorded a Depeche Mode cover. Check it out:

Division Day, "Enjoy the Silence"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home