Sunday, August 26, 2007

Vandaveer @ Iota [8/24/07]

So I finally got a chance to catch Vandaveer live on Friday night after having missed them open for Alejandro Escovedo in New York earlier this month. As I mentioned earlier, their Grace and Speed LP is one of my favorite albums of the year. Their show was excellent, including a wonderful rendition of Radiohead's "No Excuses".

They've got a bunch of live dates coming up over the next month or two, so be sure to catch them if they're in your town. You can find a full set of dates at the band's MySpace page. For my friends in New York, catch them with These United States at Arlene's Grocery on September 18th.

Only got a few pics, as Iota is a small little place and no one else was taking pictures, so I didn't want to be "that guy". That said, Iota seems like a fine place to see a band - with the exception of the big brick pole in the middle - and I'm looking forward to seeing more shows there in the future. The Shiner Bock on tap doesn't hurt things either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home