Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Not-Good-At-Math Way-Way-Way-Too-Early Working Top 10 Albums of the Year List

I mentioned in a post earlier in the day that Vandaveer's Grace and Speed is an early darkhorse in my "best of 2007" list. It's still ridiculously early, but I figured I'd post a quick list of the albums that are currently in the running. This will definitely change multiple times before the end of the year, but there are a few of you out there who have asked for more concrete suggestions of music you should be checking out. Consider this your response. Lazy lawyers.

In alphabetical order only...

The Antlers, In The Attic of the Universe
The Apples in Stereo, New Magnetic Wonder
Blonde Redhead, 23
The Broken West, I Can't Go On, I'll Go On
Dinosaur Jr., Beyond
Earlimart, Mentor Tormentor
Josh Ritter, The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter
The Mendoza Line, 30 Year Low
The National, Boxer
The Smashing Pumpkins, Zeitgeist (I kid, I kid)
Vandaveer, Grace and Speed
Wilco, Sky Blue Sky (trending downwards, to be honest)
You Am I, Convicts (released in the US in 2007, I believe)

A few other thoughts: I like the new Okkervil River disc, but unless something drastic happens I don't see it making my top 10. I'm listening to the new Rogue Wave disc, Asleep at Heaven's Gate, for the first time as I type this, and I'm absolutely loving it so far, so it might be on the list soon. And I'm pretty confident Wussy's new album, due out next Tuesday, will be on this list too.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, Convicts was released in Australia in 2006, the U.S. in 2007. Just wanna make sure it makes the list

 

Post a Comment

<< Home