Thursday, October 12, 2006

Saddle Creek Roundup

Doesn't look like we're gonna get a CMJ showcase from Saddle Creek this year, but the label and its artists are busy nonetheless.

Cursive is touring in support of its Happy Hollow disc. They played Bowery Ballroom last week, and I unfortunately missed it because it was the same night as The Hold Steady at Irving.

"Bad Sects" (from Happy Hollow)


Eric Bachmann is still touring behind his excellent To The Races disc. I was at his recent show at Bowery Ballroom. Check out Eric's new video for the song "Lonesome Warrior" here.

Eric Bachmann, "Carrboro Woman"


Now It's Overhead have a new album out entitled Day Light Daybreak. I've been hearing about these guys for years, but have never actually taken the time to listen to them. I'm liking the songs I'm hearing so far, and will have to see if I can get the album off of Emusic or Lala.

Now It's Overhead, "Let Up"

Finally, the label's biggest gun, Bright Eyes, has a rarities disc entitled Noise Floor coming out on October 24th. You can now stream and pre-order Noise Floor here. Alternatively, check out a couple of MP3s from the disc:

Bright Eyes, "I Will Be Grateful"
Bright Eyes, "Amy In The White Coat"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home