Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Margot & The Nuclear So and So's No More?

Color me confused. I just noticed that Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos were scheduled to appear at the Music Hall of Williamsburg on Thursday, April 9th with Cloud Cult. Tickets apparently go on sale this Thursday at noon.

That's not the confusing part. Stay with me.

This got me wondering if the band might swing through DC or not (their 9:30 Club show last summer was, err, sparsely attended). So I checked their MySpace page for tour dates and that's when I saw this blog entry:
Tuesday, January 20, 2009

margot says, "goodbye for now" in Indianapolis

Margot will be going away for awhile (at least) to work on some other things. To say thank you to everyone from our town, we will be playing two VERY small shows in Indy. An all ages and a 21+. Links to buy tickets are in our "shows" section. Hope to see you there.
So, as I mentioned above, I am confused. Are they taking time off? Are they touring? Is this yet another example of an indie band being undone by a major label deal? Are they taking time off to recruit new bandmembers so that they can rival the Polyphonic Spree in size?

These questions - and many others - will be answered in the next episode of Soap.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Battering Room said...

maybe they just changed their minds...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home