Monday, January 05, 2009

Feelies Coming to DC! (And Philly!)

Thanks to a post over at the 9:30 Club message boards, I was able to track down a post over at Ground Control Touring confirming that the reunited Feelies will be playing some additional East Coast dates this Spring, including a show here at the 9:30 Club.

I have no idea if this is part of a wider tour or not, but I can guarantee you I'll be at at least one of these shows.

Feelies Spring Tour
Wed., 3/11: New York (Carnegie Hall - REM Tribute)
Fri., 3/13: Philadelphia (Johnny Brenda's)
Sat., 3/14: Washington, DC (9:30 Club)

BTW, I had no idea about that REM Tribute in New York. It features Throwing Muses, Glenn Hansard, The Apples in stereo, The dB's, Bob Mould, Patti Smith, Jolie Holland, Rhett Miller, Calexico and, err, Darius Rucker. Why did I move out of New York again?

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger JetAgeEric said...

Man, I need to see the Feelies!

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The show I saw at Maxwell's this summer was flat-out incredible. One of the best I've ever seen, by anyone. The version of the Velvet's We're Gonna Have a Real Good Time Together that they closed with was just...wow. Jealous that they are playing DC.

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home