Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Album of the Week

So you may have noticed that I added a new "Album of the Week" widget to my sidebar a couple of weeks ago.

The excellent Lala.com has secured deals with a number of labels allowing free streaming of entire albums, and I figured it was a good idea to put the technology to good use by spotlighting albums and artists that I think deserve attention. Some of the albums will be new (the first album I spotlighted was the latest Henry Clay People album), and some will be older. It's all about what album I feel like pushing at any given time.

And right now I want to push The Exploding Hearts' Guitar Romantic. I somehow have gone at least a year without listening to this album. And that's a travesty. This is, hands down, one of my favorite albums of the decade. If you're a fan of garage-based punk (think early Clash or Undertones), you owe it to yourself to become one with this album. And if you're already familiar with it, well, you really ought to listen to it again anyway.

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger John said...

Is it supposed to only give 30 second clips of each song?

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Hmm, no. It doesn't do that for me. Maybe it requires you to be a Lala member to stream the whole thing? Dunno. I'll look into it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home