Thursday, November 06, 2008

Waking Up To Reality

It's been two days since the election, and I'm just now starting to wake up from what I've been calling my "campaign coma." I started working for the Obama campaign on September 14th, and, with the exception of the single day I took off to see My Bloody Valentine in New York, I don't think I've seen or spoken to family or friends since.

I originally assumed that I'd rejoin the world on November 5th, but it looks like tomorrow will probably be my true return to reality. We spent much of the day yesterday and today cleaning up our office (and seeing Joan Baez, of course), and spent last night and tonight having dinner and drinks with friends from the campaign before people start going home to wherever they're from (one friend came over from England for two months, one came from Ireland, etc..). But now that we've finished cleaning up the office, our work is officially done.

So tomorrow is literally the first day in two months where I won't have something to do. And I'm not sure if I like it.

On a positive note, though, I can start paying attention to this blog again.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back, and thanks for all of your hard work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home