Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Tunes

Friday's come and gone already, but I wanted to post three songs that I've been really digging lately.

The first two tracks are from bands that one of my British friends on the Obama campaign turned me onto. The first track, by The Domino State, reminds me a LOT of Idlewild (who apparently are working on album #7 right now), which is a good thing. The second, from a band called Oceansize, kinda makes me feel like it's 1993 all over again, which is also a good thing.

The third track is from The National's recent Virginia EP, which I listened to once when it came out and then set aside. Then I somehow discovered this song a month or so ago, and it pretty much has come to define the last month of my campaign experience.

Oh, and by the way, I'm going skydiving for the first time ever tomorrow with some friends from the campaign, so if I die, it's been a blast. If I don't, well, you're stuck with more crappy music blogging.

Edited to add: I added a couple Sad Day for Puppets songs too. Both are from their Just Like A Ghost EP. I'll be posting a track from the new album in a few minutes too.

Edited again: OK, as promised, here's the song "Little Light" off of Sad Day for Puppets' new album, Unknown Colors.


SeeqPod - Playable Search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home