Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Bloody Valentine @ Roseland Ballroom, NYC [9/22/08]

Wow, I seriously haven't been this busy since my days as a lawyer. Between volunteering for the Obama campaign for about 60 hours a week, and my 24-hour trip to NYC this week, I've been seriously slacking on the blog here... my apologies.

Anyway, here's some pics from Monday night's My Bloody Valentine show at Roseland Ballroom in New York. I gotta tell ya... I've been to hundreds of concerts, and this was, quite simply, the LOUDEST show I have ever been to in my life. Especially the last 10 minutes or so, when the band turned everything up even louder and just pummeled us with noise. I was about 15 feet back from the stage, and the pressure coming from through the air literally made it hard to breathe. Just astounding.

As for the music itself, the band sounded fantastic. As I mentioned to my friend Matt after the show -- if they can still play this well, and with this much passion, why the hell did it take them 16 years to tour again? I don't even really care if we ever get new music. When you can put on this type of show, it's almost a crime not to be playing more often.

My pics are just terrible, unfortunately. A mixture of my crappy camera, poor lighting (for photography), and my general poor photography skills. But that Roseland sign photo sure did come out well.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home