Sunday, August 17, 2008

Doveman Covers The Entire Footloose Soundtrack

I can't say I'm a huge Doveman fan. Thomas' voice has always kinda bothered me. Yet I've somehow managed to see him live 4 or 5 times due to the fact that he's friends with, and has opened shows for, the National, Glen Hansard and The Frames.

Interestingly, though, I saw today that Doveman had recorded a cover album for the Footloose soundtrack. As a child of the 80's, I admit to having listened to this album a LOT at one point in my life. I suppose it also had something to do with the fact that my uncle engineered the soundtrack, and that everyone in the family was required to own at least one copy of the album.

I've listened to the first two songs so far, and it's pretty much what you'd expect - dirge-like piano balladry alongside Thomas' throaty vocals. Not my thing. But maybe it's yours.

Edited to add: Go here to listen. The widget I had been using starts to play automatically anytime you'd come to this blog, and that annoyed the crap out of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home