Monday, July 28, 2008

Matthew Sweet Playing Webster, State Theatre

Just caught this over at Rock Daily:

Matthew Sweet has announced a number of shows in August and October in support of his new album, Sunshine Lies, which comes out on August 26th via Shout Factory. I've heard the disc, and it's pretty solid. Not Girlfriend, but better than the last album or two.

I'm gonna start highlighting both DC and NYC shows, given that I'm not exactly sure where the focus of this blog is going to lie in the coming months...

Matthew Sweet Fall Tour Dates
August 25 - Solana Beach, CA @ The Belly Up
August 26 - Los Angeles, CA @ Amoeba in@store
August 27 - San Capistrano, CA @ The Coach House
August 28 - Silver Lake, CA @ The Echo
October 20 - Boulder, CO @ Fox Theatre
October 22 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
October 23 - Chicago, IL @ Park West
October 24 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr. Smalls
October 25 - Cleveland, OH @ Beachland
October 27 - Boston, MA @ Paradise
October 28 - NY, NY @ Webster Hall
October 29 - Falls Church, VA @ State Theatre
October 30 - Atlanta, GA @ Variety

No word yet as to the on-sale date for the State Theatre show, though I did just notice another interesting show there...

3 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adore the Matthew album, and think I agree with Natalie's conclusion that it is the best since Girlfriend. There are some amazing, amazing songs on there.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Since Girlfriend, really?

Personally, even though I recognize the greatness of that disc, my favorite MS album has always been 100% Fun. It's the album that really cemented me as a fan of his, and is one of the albums that served as a soundtrack to much of my senior year in college.

And, in my opinion at least, Sunshine Lies doesn't hold a candle to 100% Fun. It's a good disc, but I'm much more likely to compare it to the Japanese album than either Girlfriend or 100% Fun.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger JetAgeEric said...

100% Fun is a damned good record, and more consistent than Girlfriend, which, of course, has some great stuff on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home