Thursday, July 10, 2008

Knitting Factory Officially Brooklyn-Bound

After months of rumors, it looks like the Knitting Factory's move from Manhattan to Brooklyn is finally official.

The club will be leaving its Tribeca home of the past 14 years and moving into the former short-lived Luna Lounge space at 361 Metropolitan Avenue.

I never got to go when the space was still run by Luna - it opened and closed in a matter of months in the 11 months that I've been in DC - but I did hear a lot of good things about the space. Hopefully things will work out a little better for the Knitting Factory.

Interestingly, they're going to renovate the space a bit to make the club's capacity lower than Luna's. I think Luna was between 400 and 500 if I remember correctly, and Knitting Factory is going to shrink that to 300. They're also only going to have a single stage instead of the current club's 3 stages. That's too bad - one of my favorite shows of recent years was Birdmonster's cozy (yet crazy) set in the Tap Bar a couple of years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home