Saturday, July 05, 2008

DC vs. Fredericksburg

There's a couple of really cool shows going on next weekend (7/11 and 7/12) that I wanted to bring to your attention. Since I'm heading out of town for the week on Tuesday, I figured I'd post about them now.

DC's Club Tiger Promotions (started by Jay Smith of Middle Distance Runner and Carol Bui) is teaming up with Fredericksburg All Ages (started by Adam Bray of Tereu Tereu) to showcase four of the area's best up-and-coming young bands, including:

Rocky's Revival (Fredericksburg)
¡Carlos, I'm Pregnant! (Fredericksburg)
The Boom Orangutangs (DC)
Basmati (Falls Church)

On Friday, all four bands will play at Murky Coffee Upstairs in Clarendon, VA (for those of you playing along at home, that's the coffee shop where I spend most of my days). Then, on Saturday, the bands will play at The Third Floor in Fredericksburg.

Both shows are All Ages and should be an excellent time. Wish I could be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home