Friday, July 18, 2008

DC Show Update

Sorry for the relative silence around here the last few days... I've been falling into some old, bad habits which have distracted me from my duties around here.

No, not these types of bad habits. Or this type of bad habit (gives "beer bong" a whole new meaning). Or even this one.

Nope, I'm talking about civil litigation, the habit that robbed me of 8 years of my life (specifically, September 13, 1999 to April 20, 2007, but who's counting?). I've been doing some pro bono (so far) work for a family member, and it's been taking up all of my time.

But I won't let that keep me from bringing you my weekly DC Show Update. Because, of course, I care about you.

As always, my picks are in bold, and new updates throughout the week will be in italics.

9:30 Club
Tue., 9/2: Federico Aubele, Dawn Landes (on sale 7/17)
Sat., 9/13: Paul Weller (on sale 7/31)
Thu., 9/18: James (on sale 8/7)
Sun., 9/21: Dave Stewart and his 30-Piece Rock Fabulous (on sale 7/17)
Sun., 10/12: Galactic (on sale 7/17)

Sun., 10/19: Donavon Frankenreiter (on sale 9/4)

9:30 Club tickets go on sale on the dates listed above at 10am Eastern via Tickets.com.

Black Cat
Wed., 7/30: The Jet Age, The Console War
Thu., 8/7: The Face Accidents, The Sammies (on sale 7/25)
Mon., 8/25: Rasputina, Haale
Sat., 9/6: The Dance Party, Gist (CD release), US Royalty
Thu., 10/2: Ratatat
Wed., 10/15: Charlatans UK (on sale 7/25)

Black Cat tickets go on sale this Friday (7/18) at 5pm Eastern via Ticketmaster, unless otherwise noted.

Rock and Roll Hotel
Fri., 10/10: Legendary Shack Shakers, Pine Hill Haints, The Seven Signs (film screening)
Fri., 10/24: Born Ruffians, Plants and Animals

Rock and Roll Hotel tickets go on sale on Friday (7/18) at 10am Eastern via Ticket Alternative.

The Red and the Black
Sat., 8/16: Titus Andronicus, Rosewood Thieves, Impossible Hair, Letzkus Lanou
Sat., 8/30: Tereu Tereu, Prabir and the Substitutes, Red Racer, Wakey Wakey


Red and the Black tickets are sold at the door.

Iota
Thu., 8/14: The Beanstalk Library
Tues., 8/19: Don Caballero, Ponytail
Fri., 9/5: Dr. Dog, Delta Spirit
Sun., 9/7: Joan as Police Woman
Tues., 9/9: Juliana Hatfield

Tickets for Iota shows are sold at the door only.

The State Theatre
Tue., 10/28: Hanson

Tickets for Hanson are available via the State Theatre's website, but appear to be in a password-only presale (or even password-only general sale, for all I know).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home