Friday, June 27, 2008

Two Reminders for Monday

In case I forget to mention them over the weekend, I wanted to remind everyone about two big DC-related music events on Monday.

First up is The Jet Age's live in-studio performance on KEXP. They're scheduled for 3pm EDT, and you can stream the performance here. If you haven't seen the band perform live before - or even if you have - you won't want to miss this.

(Note: KEXP is also streaming performances by Shallow and Love Battery (!!) from the Sub Pop Anniversary Show this weekend. More info here.

Second is the big Oxford Collapse / Frightened Rabbit / Takka Takka show at the Black Cat on Monday night. Despite the fact that there are about 300 bands with the word "Rabbit" in their name these days, I've pretty much fallen in love with Frightened Rabbit over the last couple of months. Same with Takka Takka's new album, Migration. I'm still getting introduced to Oxford Collapse, but I like what I've heard. Tickets are only $10 and are available here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home