Friday, June 06, 2008

Rock Show Tonight

I meant to post about this show earlier, but completely blanked on it.

Anyway, if you're in the DC area tonight, I highly recommend heading to Iota in Clarendon for an evening of great rock and roll. It's a 3-way CD release party with Julie Ocean, Yell County and The City Veins.

If you've been reading the blog at all, you already know that I love me some Julie Ocean. But I've also had the chance over the last few weeks to listen to the new CD from Yell County, and it's a damn fine slice of Husker Du and Replacements-inspired American rock. And their one-sheet for the album made me laugh about as hard as I've laughed in a while. As for The City Veins, I'm not familiar with them at all, but I'm about to head over to their MySpace page to get a sense of what I can expect.

Julie Ocean, "My Revenge"
Yell County, "Buried Standing Up"

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Everyone Deserves Music said...

Thanks for the shout out, and I love the name of your blog. Arrested Development is the greatest show ever.

Cheers,
Spencer
The City Veins

 

Post a Comment

<< Home