Friday, June 06, 2008

New High Dials

This is what happens when I go a month without logging onto MySpace... I miss a ton of band bulletins.

Aside from the Antlers info I already posted about, the best news I came across in my unread bulletins was news of a new High Dials album. Yeah, I thought they'd broken up too. War of the Wakening Phantoms came out in June 2005. Sure, they put out a 4-song EP last year, but I don't think they ever toured behind it, and their website went without getting update for a loooong time.

Anyway, the album is called Moon Country, and comes out in Canada in August or September. Doesn't look like they have a deal in place in the U.S. yet, but if the four new songs they've posted on their MySpace page are any indication of how good the album is, they should hopefully have a deal of some sort before long. Oh, and they're apparently releasing it in two parts - "Side A" and "Side B' - yet they claim it's not a double album. I have no idea what that means.

The band has two shows on its schedule right now, including a NYC show on my birthday. If only I still lived in NYC.

High Dials Live Dates
6/14: Toronto (El Macombo)
7/25: New York (Rehab)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home