Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finally! Something Good About D.C.

Just as I enter what may be the home-stretch of my stay in the D.C. area, DCist is reporting that one of my favorite "fast food"-type restaurants may be coming to D.C. - Wagamama.

As someone who spent a big chunk of 2005 living in Japan, I'll be the first to admit that Wagamama is not exactly authentic. But they do offer pretty solid (for the U.S.) gyoza, ramen noodle soup and yaki soba. I have yet to find a single place in DC with a decent version of any of these things, so this is good news.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sucks that Olsson's is going away, though. Was there on Monday night, and walked into a massive firesale of all their inventory, at 50% off. Most of the CD's of worth were gone, but picked up a bunch of great books and some cool DVD's. Still, always hate to see a good book store go away....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home