Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Seriously, Rivers?

OK, so I'm two songs into the Red Album, and holy crap... it's terrible.

What's the deal with all the advance rumors of it being a return to the band's earlier sound? Granted, the reviews haven't been stellar, but I've heard a bunch of comparisons to the Green Album, which would have been just fine with me.

But man, this is awful. I'm now on song 4. Ech.

And what the hell are these lyrics?

Dammit, Rivers. Dammit.

Edited to add: OK, song #6 ("Dreamin") is decent. Not great, but decent. Add that to the decency of song #3 (the single, "Pork and Beans"), and there's two decent songs. Awesome.

Edited again: One more. Song #7 ("Thought I Knew") is good. But it's Brian Bell singing, not Rivers. Who knew that control-freak Rivers would let someone else sing?

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Two decent songs and one good one. Well, that gives Rivers a total of three for his career. Way to go, Rivers! I kid, but of course you know my feelings on all things Weezer....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home