Thursday, May 15, 2008

Random Discovery of the Day

I was checking the Rock and Roll Hotel's upcoming calendar to see if anything new had been added, and I noticed Chris Mills listed as opening for The Waco Brothers. I recognized his name from somewhere (though I'm not sure where), and have been considering picking up a ticket to this show, so I figured I'd check him out.

And he's pretty damn good. On first listen, the five songs on his MySpace page remind me a lot of Okkervil River's (less emotive) early Americana phase, which is an excellent thing in my book.

Chris Mills, "Atom Smashers"

The songs are all from his new album, Living In The Aftermath, which came out last month on Ernest Jennings/Powerless Pop, and which I'm gonna go download from eMusic right now. I recommend you do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home