Monday, March 17, 2008

SXSW - Day 1

Right before I left for Austin last week I mentioned that I was trying to decide between two options for Wednesday night -- one option was to hit Stubb's early to make sure I got in for Dead Confederate and R.E.M. and sit through 3 artists I didn't know, or to instead bounce around between different places and catch Shearwater, Lightspeed Champion and Okkervil River, among others.

But for Dead Confederate's awesome set (possibly my favorite of the week), I made the wrong choice. I absolutely hated Summerbirds in the Cellar, Jonathan Rice and Papercranes. R.E.M. was excellent, so when coupled with Dead Confederate, I'm not angry about my choice, but I can't say I was thrilled about it either. I can only take solace in the fact that Okkervil is coming to DC next month, and I'm sure Shearwater won't be far behind. Not too sure about Lightspeed Champion, though, who I somehow ended up completely missing in Austin.

Anyway, here are some Wednesday pics. My full set of Wednesday pics can be found here.

Jason Collett @ Emo's Annex


The Wedding Present @ Emo's Annex


Summerbirds in the Cellar @ Stubb's


Jonathan Rice @ Stubb's


Papercranes @ Stubb's


Dead Confederate @ Stubb's


R.E.M. @ Stubb's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home