Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Song of the Day

Although I didn't actually see them at SXSW last week, one of the bands I discovered in Austin is Grand Archives.

I'd heard the name before, then my friends caught one of their sets and had good things to say, and then I listened to the band's recent album, The Grand Archives, at Waterloo Records. I was pretty much sold on the strength of the album's first track alone - "Torn Blue Foam Couch". Take a listen for yourself:

Grand Archives, "Torn Blue Foam Couch"

You can hear more from the band at their MySpace page, and you can pick up The Grand Archives at Lala.com for $9.19. The band sounds a lot like Mojave 3 to me, and that's a pretty good thing.

Edited to add: One other point of interest - the band's lead singer/songwriter is Mat Brooke, formerly of Band of Horses. Don't hold that against them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home