Monday, March 03, 2008

New Shearwater, "Rooks" !!!

So I was checking Shearwater's website to see what the band's SXSW schedule looked like, and lo and behold I noticed that the band has posted a brand new song from its forthcoming Rook LP. And, not surprisingly, the song is fantastic. Check it out:

Shearwater, "Rooks"

The album comes out on June 3rd via Matador Records, and it very well may be one of my most anticipated albums of the year.

Sadly, despite my efforts I couldn't find a comprehensive list of shows that the band is doing at SXSW, though I did find a list of tour dates in May. I'm guessing that the list is incomplete, though, as it doesn't include a New York date. Nor does it include a D.C. date... [cough cough] [hint] [cough].

Shearwater Tour Dates
WED 3/12 AUSTIN, TX Club de Ville (Brooklyn Vegan showcase)
FRI 5/9 BOSTON, MA Paradise
SAT 5/10 MONTREAL, QC La Sala Rosa
SUN 5/11 TORONTO, ON Lee’s
MON 5/12 CHICAGO, IL Empty Bottle
TUE 5/13 MINNEAPOLIS, MN 7th Street Entry
FRI 5/16 SEATTLE, WA Neumos
SAT 5/17 VANCOUVER, BC Richards
SUN 5/18 PORTLAND, OR Doug Fir
MON 5/19 SAN FRANCISCO, CA Independent
TUE 5/20 LOS ANGELES, CA Troubadour

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home