Monday, February 04, 2008

De Novo Dahl Hitting Velvet Lounge on 2/17

Dammit... I just saw over at the 9:30 Club message board that De Novo Dahl is playing the Velvet Lounge on Sunday, February 17th.

That's the night I fly back from seeing Wilco in Chicago. Crap. The one time I saw these guys (CMJ Festival in 2006) I really, really enjoyed them, and I'm looking forward to hearing music from their new album, Move Every Muscle, Make Every Sound (due out on 2/26 via Roadrunner).

And I was seriously looking forward to seeing her again too. I know she's married to the main dude in the band, but still... so pretty.

I think they're gonna be at SXSW, so that's good. They also have a few other dates scheduled:

2/8: Bowling Green, KY (Bread & Bagel)
2/9: St. Louis, MO (The Billiken Club)
2/15: Knoxville, TN (The Pilot Light)
2/16: Richmond, VA (Plan 9 Music - Free Instore)
2/17: Washington, DC (Velvet Lounge)
2/18: New York, NY (Pianos)
2/19: New York, NY (Pianos)
2/20: New York, NY (Pianos)
2/27: Lexington, KY (The Dame)
2/28: Chattanooga, TN (JJ's Bohemia)
2/29: Atlanta, GA (Drunken Unicorn)
3/1: Athens, GA (Tasty World)

Oh, and be sure to check out their recent WOXY Lounge Act. Good stuff.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no way in good conscience I can go see a band that wears matching striped PJ’s on stage. Or maybe that’s some sort of gay sailor suit? Either way, you’re on yer own in Texas for that show.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Steve said...

I think they've ditched the matching outfits. I think it was part of their contract with Roadrunner. Seriously - the label has bands like Sepultura, Hatebreed and 3 Inches of Blood. I think someone would have burned down their offices if they had a band going around in matching striped one-pieces.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home