Friday, January 11, 2008

Two More New DC Shows

I'd normally just add these to the weekly DC Show Update post, but both of them are interesting enough to merit though own post.

Sat., 3/8: Jukebox the Ghost, Modern Skirts (Rock and Roll Hotel)
Fri., 3/14: Pela (Rock and Roll Hotel)

Sadly, the Pela show falls during SXSW, so I'll miss it -- I also assume that it means the band will not be in Austin. Too bad.

As for the Jukebox the Ghost show, I'm not a particular fan of the band, and I in fact really dislike their single, "Good Day". However, their Lounge Act on WOXY yesterday was really good, and has me re-thinking my approach to the band. Hear the set for yourself here.

Oh, and speaking of WOXY Lounge Acts, there's some good ones coming up:

1/16: Mason Proper, 3pm
1/23: De Novo Dahl, 4:30pm
1/30: Ra Ra riot, 7:30pm
3/20: Mussels, 4pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home