Saturday, January 05, 2008

Robert Harrison, Genius

How exactly did I manage to completely miss Cotton Mather in the 90's? I'm only discovering them now because their frontman, Robert Harrison, is also the brains behind Future Clouds and Radar, a band that I still can't stop talking about (or listening to).

Better late than never, I guess, but jeez... It makes me wonder what else I've missed over the last decade.

"Password"
"She's Only Cool"

Both songs are from Cotton Mather's incredible 1997 album Kon Tiki, which sadly appears to only be available on the secondary market.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great call!

I say "Kontiki", "Lost Somewhere Between the Earth and My Home" by The Geraldine Fibbers, and "Man of Sin" by Varnaline are three of the great (largely) ignored classics of the '90s.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had this album since it came out and this is the first time that any one else appears to have heard of them, try mentioning it and you get a blank look, great overlooked album,
A.J

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I had actually heard their name numerous times before, and actually remember hearing "My Before and After" used in some movie in the 90's, but that's about all I ever knew about them.

Very glad I'm discovering them now.

As for the Geraldine Fibbers and Varnaline discs, I have neither (though I'm familiar with both bands). I'll have to check eMusic for them. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home