Tuesday, February 05, 2008

New Jet Age Album Out Today!

One of the best bands I've had the pleasure of discovering since moving to D.C. last fall is Silver Spring's The Jet Age. I've managed to catch the band live a few times and I've never once been disappointed.

The band is releasing its excellent second LP, entitled What Did You Do During the War, Daddy?, today via Sonic Boomerang Records. I managed to get an advance copy of the disc a few weeks back, and I gotta say -- it kicks ass. I can't recommend it highly enough.

If you want to hear the album for yourself, check out the band's eCard for the album, where you can listen to a stream of the whole album. I seriously can't pick a favorite song on the disc, but if you only have a couple of minutes, check out the opener "Ladies, Don't Cry Tonight", "O' Calendar" and "Maybe Love's a Transmission". Even better, just set aside some time and listen to the whole damn thing.

If you want to buy the album, and you should, you can buy it here. It should be up on eMusic and iTunes today too.

Oh, and if you're in the DC area, be sure to catch the band's CD Release show at DC9 on February 24th!

2 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on track 3 and really digging it thus far. Did they attend Columbia University perchance?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Didn't you see the photos I had from their last gig. These boys are anything but "preppies".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home