Saturday, January 26, 2008

The National and Modest Mouse Opening for REM?

If any of you were, like me, on the fence about whether to catch R.E.M. when they hit the road in support of their new album, Accelerate, later this year, this may make up your mind -- The National and Modest Mouse will reportedly each be opening for a portion of the tour.

According to Triple J Music News, The National's Matt Berninger let the cat out of the bag:
"I don't know if we're allowed to say but I think we might be doing some shows with them when their new record comes out. So that'll be unbelievable for us. I think Modest Mouse are also going to be part of those shows too."
If this is true, I sure hope The National opens in the Eastern U.S. and that Modest Mouse opens in the West. Modest Mouse is one band that I never need to see live again.

(Thanks to Matt for the heads up!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home