Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wilco Playing 2 Nights at 9:30 Club

Matt just pointed out to me that Wilco's tour page now lists two shows at the 9:30 Club in DC on February 26th and 27th (a Tuesday and Wednesday).

Pre-sale starts on Wednesday, January 8th, and public on-sale is listed as Thursday, January 10th. This isn't the first time the band's site has had, err, inconsistent dates. I'm guessing they mean that the public on-sale is Friday, January 10th.

Anyway, now I'm conflicted as hell. I have a ticket to see them in Chicago for one of their big "we're playing our whole catalog" shows, and then another ticket to see them in Philly a week later. I think I may be selling the latter now. I saw them 5 times in 2007 -- do I need to see them 4 times in the space of a month in 2008?

Maybe.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pure awesome. if you're asking my opinion, 4 shows w/in a month won't hurt. plus, if your schedule and budget affords you the opportunity, go for it! the chicago show is bound to be a treat.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Yeah, assuming I can get tickets for both DC shows, I think I'm definitely in for those 2 and for Chicago. It's the Philly show I need to think about.

As for budget issues, I gave up on dedicating any part of my budget to non-music items a long time ago. Every extra concert I go to just means another day of eating microwave mac and cheese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home