Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Show Alert -- Beanstalk Library

One of the DC-area bands that I've discovered since moving to town, but have yet to see live, is The Beanstalk Library. The band's debut LP, America At Night (which you can stream here), reminds me a lot of early Wilco and the Broken West -- i.e., Americana-oriented with solid songwriting.

The band is playing the Black Cat tomorrow night (Wednesday) with John Wayne Hero. I get back into town around 5pm, and as long as I feel OK, I plan on trying to catch them. If you're around town, you should too.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the heads up on these guys. I ended up catching them this weekend at R&R Hotel. The show was really really great, except for the fact the sound there is AWFUL. Can't wait to see them sometime at IOTA or Black Cat. A rare live treat, here in DC.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Glad you liked them. I actually completely blanked on the show -- I had intended to go.

Rock and Roll Hotel is hit or miss. Sometimes the sound is good, other times it's awful. It's a shame, too, because it's the closest thing in DC to one of my favorite venues back home in New York (Mercury Lounge).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home