Thursday, December 13, 2007

Miracle Fortress

Well crap. I knew I'd regret posting my Best of 2007 early this year. I'm always behind on music I want to listen to, and I always, always find an album to add to my Best of... lists in the final weeks of the year.

This year's honor goes to Miracle Fortress. I've been hearing the name here and there over the last few months, but I didn't get around to checking them out until I saw their album, Five Roses, on Chromewaves' Class of 2007 list. The song that Frank posted, "Have You Seen In Your Dreams", is stunning, and sent me rushing over to eMusic to download the entire album.

Wow, am I glad I did. It's stunning. It's Brian Wilson making some of the prettiest (and at times catchiest) dream pop you've ever heard. Don't take my word for it:

Miracle Fortress, "Little Trees"

If you like this, then run, don't walk, and go buy the album right now. There's a good chance this album isn't getting off repeat for me for a long, long time.

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger JetAgeEric said...

Miracle Fortress link isn't working. -E

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Steve said...

That's what happens when I try to post a song at 1am. Sorry. It's fixed now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home