Saturday, December 08, 2007

Don't Stop Believin'

Not sure why this intrigues me so much. Never was a Journey fan, though I liked 'em enough as a kid growing up in the 80's. Then again, I wasn't a huge Judas Priest either, but I did manage to see them live with Ripper Owens eighteen times.

(No, not really, but I did see Rock Star.)

Anyway, Journey has hired a new lead singer named Arnel Pineda, who was previously the lead singer in a Filipino cover band named The Zoo. The band apparently discovered Pineda through... wait for it... YouTube. Man I love the Internet.

Truth be told, the guy's got a damn good voice, and does a pretty faithful version of Steve Perry. I'm surprisingly intrigued to hear what their new material sounds like.

The Zoo, "Don't Stop Believin'"


The Zoo, "Faithfully"

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arnel's has grown way too big for his old band (The Zoo). His fronting Journey is a step up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home