Thursday, December 06, 2007

At Least Evanescence Didn't Get Nominated

So Grammy nominations came out. Yawn. Lots of stuff that I don't listen to and don't understand how people do (Beyonce, Foo Fighters, Rihanna, etc.). And while there are a few nods to the "indie" world this year, I can't say that I like any of the artists involved. In fact, I pretty much despise the music of Feist and Amy Winehouse.

There, I said it.

No offense intended, as I know a lot of the folks in the indie community love these two. But man... listening to them just pains me.

Here are the nominees in the main categories I care about. As long as Daughtry wins Best Rock Album, though, I'll be a happy boy.

Record of the year
Irreplaceable, Beyonce
The Pretender, Foo Fighters
Umbrella, Rihanna Featuring Jay-Z
What Goes Around ... Comes Around, Justin Timberlake
Rehab, Amy Winehouse

Album of the year
Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, Foo Fighters
These Days, Vince Gill
River: The Joni Letters, Herbie Hancock
Graduation, Kanye West
Back to Black, Amy Winehouse

Best new artist
Feist
Ledisi
Paramore
Taylor Swift
Amy Winehouse

Best rock album
Daughtry, Daughtry
Revival, John Fogerty
Echos, Silence, Patience & Grace, Foo Fighters
Magic, Bruce Springsteen
Sky Blue Sky, Wilco

Best alternative album
Alright, Still, Lily Allen
Neon Bible, Arcade Fire
Volta, Bjork
Wincing the Night Away, The Shins
Icky Thump, The White Stripes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home