Monday, November 19, 2007

This Week In DC

It appears that this is gonna be another kinda crazy week work-wise, so I wanted to do a quick post about two lower-key shows that you might have missed:

Tuesday
If you don't have tickets to the sold out Hold Steady show (or even if you do, and you don't mind missing The 1990's like me), be sure to hit the Black Cat to catch Julie Ocean and Gist on the Backstage. Julie Ocean are getting closer and closer to the release of their debut CD, and they've been sounding better each time I've seen them. I haven't heard anything from Gist yet, but I plan on remedying that soon.

Saturday
One of my favorite, under-appreciated bands of the moment, Maritime, is playing the Rock and Roll Hotel with The One AM Radio, Paul Michel and Tereu Tereu. I've only seen about 20 minutes of the band's live show before (at SXSW this past spring), but I really enjoyed what I saw and I'm looking forward to catching them again. Their latest album, Heresy and the Hotel Choir, is their best yet (IMO).

That's about it for this holiday week. I did just notice one new show next week that I'm gonna do my best to hit:

Wed., 11/28: Zookeeper (Chris Simpson from Mineral and The Gloria Record) at The Red and The Black.

More about Zookeeper soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home