Tuesday, November 13, 2007

New Years Eve with The Frames

Man am I gonna be pissed if this show sucks.

I just woke up at 3:55am so I could be sure to get tickets when they went on sale at 9am Dublin time for The Frames' New Years Eve show at Vicar Street in Dublin.

I've been saying that I wanted to catch the band in their homeland for a while now, and this year seemed as good as any, given that this is the first New Years in several years that I haven't had any obligation to be anywhere else. Plus, my 18 year-old brother has decided to join me on the trip, so it should be fun introducing him to Dublin (and Guinness).

Anyway, tickets are still available if you care to attend. We'll be the Americans up toward the front.

Edited to add: I may have spoken too soon about tickets still being available. It's 4:28am and Ticketmaster is now saying "this event no longer exists in our database." Either TM screwed something up, or the thing sold out in 13 minutes. Wow.

5 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Another American here. I'll be there, got my ticket only a couple of days ago (upstairs balcony, stage left). Like many Americans who hadn't previously heard of The Frames, I found Glen through the movie Once (I've subsequently put The Commitments in my Netflix queue also, for the plane ride over). Excited as hell for my first Ireland trip, it should be great.

I agree about hoping it isn't a bad show, but how could it be with the momentum that The Frames have right now from the movie. Plus being NYE and all. "Set List" and all the youtube videos have given me a great idea of what to look forward to.

Anyways, I'll be waving down at you! (floor seats were unavailable when I bought online)

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Jim:

Glad to hear that the movie has turned you into a Frames fan. Glen is an amazing talent and the band is fantastic. They've put on some of the best live shows I've ever seen, period. The NYE show is gonna be great.

First time in Ireland, eh? It's one of my favorite places.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Jim said...

>>First time in Ireland, eh? It's one of my favorite places.

Yes. My family, way back, hails from the Isle of Man. Thinking about extending my trip so I spend a little more time in Dublin, and maybe take a ferry over to Douglas to have a look at the Isle. If I can convince work to give me some extra time off. Would kinda be a shame to go all the way over there on a business class award and then never even get to IOM. Will do what I can.

I was going to go to London for NYE (and Paris on the Eurostar after that), but by chance checked out the Frames tour schedule and saw the DUB show. I immediately rebooked to Dublin.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi everybody!
just wondering if u know anyone wanting to sell there frames tickets???
any info GREATLY appreciated!!
naomi

please contact me:
nomzibaby@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks a mill

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Good luck, Naomi, I do hope you are able to find one. ticketmaster.ie seems to indicate it is sold out (as you probably found out).

Try the messageboard at The Frames website, I seem to remember seeing some posted there.

http://www.theframes.ie/v4/comm/msgboard/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home