Friday, November 16, 2007

Fascinating

This was posted by an anonymous reader in the comments to one of my old Spoon posts. It's fascinating to me, so I figured I'd repost. I really need to get myself a Pollstar account.
Artist: The Shins, Spoon, Vetiver
Venue: Merriweather Post Pavilion
City/State: Columbia, Md.
Event Dates: Oct. 22, 2007
Gross Sales: $112,825
Attendance: 2,889
Capacity: 10,000
Shows: 1
Sellouts: 0
Prices: $45, $30
Promoters: I.M.P.
Truthfully, this isn't a bad number. The Shins played two nights at Terminal Five in New York (capacity 3,000) this fall. I wouldn't expect the greater DC/Baltimore area to pull the same crowd as New York, so if you equate their Merriweather crowd with one night at Terminal Five (or DAR Constitution Hall, for comparison's sake), then this isn't too bad. Plus, add in the fact that Merriweather is a bit of a hike to get to (especially in late October), and this isn't really a bad number at all.

But it sure is a pretty depressing number when taken out of context.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home