Sunday, November 18, 2007

David Kilgour / The Jet Age @ DC9 [11/14/07]

I'm a few days late on this one. Things have been kinda crazy, sorry.

Anyway, I managed to catch David Kilgour for the first time ever the other night. I only started getting into David and his other band, The Clean in the last few years, and it's not often that he makes it over to the U.S., so there was no way I was gonna miss this one. Unsurprisingly, David and his band, The Heavy Eights, were fantastic. They played a bunch of songs off of David's excellent new CD, The Far Now, as well as his other solo discs. Can't say I recognized everything, but it all sounded great.

If you happen to be in New York next week, be sure to get down to Cake Shop on November 29th or 30th, or December 1st, because The Clean will be playing three very rare U.S. shows. I also heard a rumor about a Philly show around then too, but I haven't seen anything solid on that yet.



Opening the night was DC's The Jet Age. This was the second time I'd seen them, and the first time I'd seen them in a "real" music club, and I thought they sounded great. The band is in the middle of recording their second album, and based on what I've heard so far, the album is going to kick major ass. I'll be sure to post something as soon as I get it, as long as you all promise to check them out when they come through your town (in the spring?).



Euros Child, formerly of Gorky's Zygotic Mynki, actually headlined the night, but I only stuck around for a couple of songs so that I could be sure to catch the last Metro train of the night. (Not that this needs to be said, but Metro sucks.) I liked what I heard, and would have liked to have stuck around... oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home