Sunday, October 07, 2007

Secret Machines in DC this Wednesday!

Just got back from the Black Cat to find that the Rock and Roll Hotel's RSS show calendar feed had updated (more venues need to do this). The biggest news? The Secret Machines have scheduled a show for this Wednesday with Sleeping States and Junius opening.

I haven't seen the Secret Machines since they lost a member / supposedly "broke up" last year. In fact, I can't even remember how long it's been since I've seen them, though I know I saw them at least once. I want to go, but not sure if I can swing in, given the lineup of shows I'm hoping to see over the next week or so. To wit:

Sun., 10/7: Two Gallants
Tue., 10/9: Josh Ritter
Wed., 10/10: Secret Machines
Thu., 10/11: Julie Ocean, Vandaveer, Dirty on Purpose, The Big Sleep
Fri., 10/12: either Earlimart or DAM! Fest
Sat., 10/13: either Antlers or DAM! Fest
Sun., 10/14: Bad Religion
Mon. 10/15: The National, Little Ones, Pela (in NYC)

The odds of me making all of these shows are pretty much nil. If I were a gamblin' man, I'd put the over/under of shows I make from this list at 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home