Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mobius Band

Not sure why, but I've always avoided listening to Mobius Band. I think it has something to do with the fact that every description of the band I've seen has the term "electro" included somewhere. As you may have picked up from this blog, I'm not a big fan of the boops, the beeps, the whoomps (or the whoots) or the wheets. However, give me a band with a Les Paul (or, in some cases, an SG), and I'm a happy boy.

So I've been pretty surprised to find myself nodding my head along with the new Mobius Band song when I hear it on WOXY lately. Sure, it's still got too many boops and wheets, but it's also got a pretty damn good song going on. Check it out:

Mobius Band, "Friends Like These"

You can hear (and download) more songs from the band's latest album, entitled Heaven, at the band's MySpace page. I might be going to guitar rock hell for saying this, but they're all pretty good.

Oh, and I just saw that the band has added a show in D.C. at the Rock and Roll Hotel on Friday, December 14th. Consider me a solid maybe.

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are touring with DC's Middle Distance Runner for about 2.5 weeks, including that date.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mobius band are amazing live, they are a rock band at heart and attack their samplers (or whatever) like they were any les Paul you could find. There is plenty of guitar onstage too. Seriously, dont miss them this time around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home