Friday, October 26, 2007

The Forms, "Knowledge in Hand"

The Forms, "Knowledge in Hand"

Every once in a while I'll hear a song on WOXY or elsewhere that I really like, but completely forget to find out who the artist is. The most recent example of this is the new song from The Forms, "Knowledge in Hand".

I've heard the song a bunch of times, but until I got an email from their promoter today, I had no idea that the song was theirs. In fact, all I really knew about the band was that they were from Brooklyn, and that they played at The National's rainy South Street Seaport show that I skipped in August.

I still don't know a whole lot about them, but after listening to a few more songs at their MySpace page, I do know that I'll be picking up their new self-titled (and Steve Albini-produced) LP soon. (It's available at Lala for $9.98.)

Unfortunately, they don't have any DC dates scheduled as of now, but they do have a bunch of other shows scheduled around the country. If you get a chance, check 'em out and let me know how they are.

Forms Tour Dates

10/30: New York (Cake Shop) -- Record Release Show w/ free CD and open bar
11/1: Pittsburgh (Lava Lounge)
11/2: Dayton, OH (Pearl Nightclub)
11/3: Chicago (Beat Kitchen)
11/4: Ypsilanti, MI (Elbow Room)
11/6: Minneapolis (First Avenue)
11/7: Kansas City, MO (Record Bar)
11/8: St. Louis (The Bluebird)
11/9: Champaign, IL (Cowboy Monkey)
11/10: Tulsa, OK (Mooch and Burn)
11/13: Long Beach, CA (Prospector)
11/14: Los Angeles (The Scene)
11/15: Hollywood (3 of Clubs)
11/16: Santa Cruz (Coasters)
11/17: Sacramento (Speakeasy)
11/19: Seattle (Fun House)
11/20: KEXP In-Studio
11/20: Portland, OR (Tonic Lounge)

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, great song. Have to pick this one up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home