Thursday, September 06, 2007

Reminder: Mark Olson in DC/VA Tomorrow!

Mark Olson, "Clifton Bridge"

Just a reminder that you have two chances tomorrow to catch Mark Olson if you're in DC/NVa. First up is a 12:30pm performance and signing at the Borders book store in the District at 18th and L. Second is a show tomorrow night at Iota with The Last Town Chorus. The Iota show supposedly starts at 8:30pm sharp, so get there early.

Mark is touring in support of his new album, The Salvation Blues. I haven't yet had a chance to hear the whole album, but the four songs over at Mark's MySpace page are fantastic. I don't usually take stock in these things, but Harp Magazine, one of the few magazines whose opinion I trust, has said the new album is his best since his time with The Jayhawks (notably, Gary Louris guests on 3 tracks on the disc). I need to make sure to pick up a copy of the album tomorrow night. You can get yourself one here.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That sounded nice. I was never a huge Jayhawks fan, although I remember drunkenly seeing them as a high school kid in maybe 1994 or so and my friends bitching about dragging them to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home