Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Glen Cashes In

UPDATED WITH FULL TOUR DATES
I'm going to refrain from adding any commentary so as to avoid saying anything bitchy and negative.

The Swell Season (a/k/a Glen and Marketa from the movie Once) are returning to the US for a lot more shows in November. Dates are as follows:

11/5: Seattle (Moore Theatre)
11/6: Portland, OR (Crystal Ballroom)
11/8: San Francisco (The Grand at Regency Center)
11/10: Los Angeles (The Wiltern)
11/11: San Diego (4th and B)
11/13: Denver (Ogden Theatre)
11/15: Austin (Stubb's)
11/17: Atlanta (Variety Playhouse)
11/18: Washington, DC (Lincoln Theatre)
11/19: New York (Beacon Theatre) (!!!)
11/21: Boston (Orpheum Theatre)
11/22: Montreal (Le National)
11/23: Toronto (Danforth Music Hall Theatre)
11/24: Chicago (Vic Theatre)
11/25: Chicago (Vic Theatre)

All shows are confirmed.

I've never been to a show at the Lincoln Theatre. It looks like capacity is about 1,200, which isn't much different than the 9:30 Club, where the Swell Season played back in July (although I think that one was seated? I was at the NYC show). It's also in the same general area as 9:30 Club/Black Cat, so that means I can hit Ben's for dinner before or after. Hmm... I'm tempted to skip this, if only so that I keep pretending that Glen hasn't gone over to the "NPR Side", but I just don't know if I can.

Ka-ching!

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone on the 930 boards reported 11/18 at the lincoln theatre

 

Post a Comment

<< Home